Senior Program Manager, Residential Sector
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (“Consortium” or “CEE”) develops and supports U.S. and Canadian initiatives to accelerate market adoption of advanced energy-efficient products and services. Members of the Consortium include utilities, statewide and regional market transformation administrators, environmental groups, research organizations and state energy offices in the U.S. and Canada. Members serve customers in 43 U.S. States and 6 Canadian Provinces and expend more than $7 billion annually on efficiency programs.
CEE seeks an experienced professional to manage the organization’s growing portfolio of residential initiatives that address whole house savings opportunities as well as key end uses including lighting, consumer electronics, HVAC, appliances, and windows. The individual will supervise a team of professionals and report to the Deputy Director.
- Champion the strategic vision for the Residential Sector.
- Enlist active engagement of leading professionals in the Consortium’s Residential Committees.
- Supervise a team of professional staff.
- Assess major industry related developments and recommend associated action.
- Manage strategic relationships with key industry stakeholders and Consortium members.
- Lead major work efforts.
- Manage, track and report progress of the sector and its components against goals, objectives and timelines.
- Represent the organization and its work in multiple venues.
- Masters Degree or equivalent (fields of Business, Economics, Planning or similar)
- History of accomplishment and accountability
- 5 – 10 years of relevant experience
- Strategic aptitude/experience
- Technical aptitude/experience
- Supervisory experience
- Strong ability to work effectively toward consensus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience with relevant industries, building science, marketing and/or utility regulation a plus
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
Qualified individuals please submit a cover letter addressing questions below and resume to:
Ed Wisniewski, Deputy Director CEE, C/O: Casey Erisman
CEE C/O: Casey Erisman
98 N. Washington St. Suite 101
Boston, MA 02114
- Describe your experience in developing and implementing strategic direction.
- Describe your management philosophy and related experience in supervising professionals.
- Describe your experience and approach to design and implementation of multi-faceted projects.
- Describe your economic, marketing, engineering and regulatory experience.
- Describe your communications skills, particularly with respect to complex issues and technically and politically diverse audiences.
- Explain why this position is of particular interest to you and how it fits with your career interests.
You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.