Position Description: EDF’s Membership Department solicits donations from millions of people each year. Our staff works collaboratively with fundraising and data experts to make sure we constantly improve how we serve our members. While constantly searching for ways to expand our base, we enable our members to be engaged, committed partners who take joy in helping to fund and advance EDF’s vital work. The Social Media Intern will assist the Membership team in expanding our reach over various social networks, and in ensuring that our use of such networks is as effective as possible.
This position reports to the Senior Director – Interactive Marketing & Membership.
- Helping to maintain and monitor Superactivist Facebook group
- Revamping our presence on non-profit focused social networks, such as Care2 and Change.org
- Helping update Facebook and Twitter when necessary
- Helping to build Facebook tabs and/or applications
- Researching social media campaigns being implemented by other organizations
- Brainstorming & aiding in implementation of new social media campaigns to help in collecting email addresses and/or fundraising
- Reviewing current activity on social networks & helping to determine where our efforts are best focused
- Currently enrolled in college or recent graduate
- Familiarity with various social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Care2, Change.org, LinkedIn, MySpace
- Knowledge of coding languages preferred
- Experience coding Facebook applications preferred, but not necessary
Term: June 2011-September 2011 (tentative; dates are flexible)
Compensation: Unpaid; academic credit available
Application: Qualified applicants should forward their résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.