|The Manager, Global Sustainability will lead the development and implementation of the Hertz Corporate Sustainability Strategy, including specific initiatives and projects.
- Champion Sustainability initiatives across the organization.
- Position Sustainability as value added business initiative with clear bottom-line implications.
- Develop and establish a set of measurable criteria to ensure accountability and evaluate progress.
- Benchmark sustainable development efforts against peer companies and leadership companies and global standards; recommend improvement plans.
- Coordinate programs to ensure the business is optimally positioned with its customers to deliver on its commitments to Sustainable development, such as, environmental, energy, sourcing and green responsibilities.
- Oversee compliance across the business as well as reporting on Sustainability performance metrics.
- Ensure the communication of the organization’s Sustainability position and performance matters to both internal and external stakeholders; coordinate responses to selected external stakeholder surveys, align with marketing programs and messages.
- Become a trusted advisor to the executive team; work closely with them to build the Sustainable mentality into the organization.
- Develop, leverage and maintain effective networks with key external stakeholders (industry bodies, government, and regulatory bodies) in order to ensure effective influencing strategies to support the business.
- Understand and operate within the political and social climate of the countries, communities and regions in which the organization operates.
- Remain sensitive to the market and audience (locally and cross-culturally) and tailor communications and implementations to recognize needs – not a one size fits all approach
- Manage Sustainability web site, evaluate public response, and create action plans for future reports.
- Understand and operate with the commercial strategy and financial climate of Hertz’s business units, regions and category structure.