The Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is seeking a committed professional to manage a growing number of corporate partnerships. The manager’s duties include identifying, building and maintaining corporate partnerships, raising ISC’s profile by attending and/or deploying ISC senior staff and board members to relevant conferences and events, writing case studies and success stories, preparation of funding proposals and reports, prospect management, research, and participation in strategic and operational planning within the institutional advancement team. Current ISC programs with strongest potential for expansion of corporate partnerships include: EHS Academy Network and the Climate Leadership Academy
ISC is an independent non-profit organization that combines expertise in leadership, institutional development, and community capacity building with environmental and resource efficiency experience, taking a result-oriented, business-minded approach to improving people’s lives and the earth’s ecosystem.. Our current areas of programmatic growth include helping communities become more resource efficient and transition to low-carbon economy; strengthening democratic institutions and citizenship in transition countries; and supporting sustainable community development – particularly in areas recovering from natural disasters or vulnerable to climate disruption. With our headquarters in Montpelier, Vermont, and offices in China, Macedonia, Serbia, Kosovo, and Washington, DC, ISC has an international staff of approximately 90 people and an annual budget of approximately $14M. Since our founding in 1991 by former Vermont Governor Madeleine M. Kunin, ISC has led transformative community-driven projects in 23 countries across the globe.
The institutional advancement team is responsible for ISC’s strategic communications as well as expanding and diversifying ISC’s funding base among individual, private foundations, corporate partners, US government agencies, and international institutions.
- Build and maintain positive, productive relationships with corporate partners.
Identify, cultivate and secure new corporate partners.
- Maintain effective, timely communication with current and previous funders.
- Work effectively with program staff in the preparation of grant proposals and reports.
- Conduct on-going research, monitoring publications and web sites, to identify corporate and foundation funding opportunities
- Regularly update colleagues on the criteria/goals/priorities of current and potential funders.
- Create and manage strategies to approach potential funders.
- Raise ISC’s profile in the corporate community.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP for Institutional Advancement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of corporate culture and emerging trends in CSR and Sustainability.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse people and organizations.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to create funding budgets.
- Computer proficiency, including use of fundraising database management systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong commitment to follow-through.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to present in a personable, professional, and engaging manner.
- Able to work flexible hours and travel as needed.
- Ability to back stop other team members and add value to other institutional advancement objectives.
- An understanding and appreciation of ISC’s mission and the capacity to communicate the unique aims and values of the organization to perspective donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Experience working for companies on Corporate Social Responsibily (CSR) and Sustainability issues.
- Conversant in climate, resource efficiency, and civic engagement issues.
- Three to five years of demonstrated fundraising success working with corporate partners.
Compensation and Benefits
ISC offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and qualifications along with an excellent benefits program.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with last name, first initial and position title in the subject line. This position is opened until filled and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Please respect our no phone calls policy, candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. EOE