Hasbro has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Product and Packaging Sustainability. The Director of Product and Packaging Sustainability will build upon Hasbro’s successes in the areas of corporate responsibility and environmental sustainability, specifically focused on product and packaging (P&P) “green initiatives” across Hasbro. The Director of Product and Packaging Sustainability will report to the Chief Development Officer on behalf of the Global Development Organization and will work closely with the Director of Corporate Social Responsibility to advance sustainability initiatives and meet sustainability goals as set by the Corporate Social Responsibility committee.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Define the key strategies and drive cross functional execution to achieve our current and future P&P sustainability goals.
· Benchmarks against other consumer goods companies to ensure Hasbro’s sustainability practices are cutting edge
· Develop and implement comprehensive, technically feasible and cost-effective sustainability programs. Balances social responsibility and economic performance.
· Manages existing and drives new, sustainability programs and initiatives for the company.
· Drive innovation, value creation, and a competitive advantage for Hasbro in sustainability practices
· Ensure corporate environmental requirements are incorporated into Hasbro’s product development programs
· Partners with vendors and holds them accountable for providing innovative and alternative product and packaging material options
· Collaborate and communicate effectively with the packaging brand design, structure, and design teams to ensure the balance between delivering a product in creative packaging and providing the value proposition to the customer, while insuring that packaging meets Hasbro’s sustainable goals.
Ensure these strategies take account of all the consumer products offered in Hasbro brands across all categories.
· Lead and inspire the GDO, the GMO and other internal functions to embrace the need to deliver “greener” products now and in the future.
· Act as a catalyst for change to lead the organization toward achieving P&P sustainability goals.
· Provides leadership to Hasbro team members, business units and operations to implement strategies, systems and projects which result in achievement of defined P&P sustainability goals.
Acts as corporate spokesperson to outside world and manages sustainability oriented campaigns and projects for corporate, consumer, brand and nonprofit clients and partners on all such initiatives.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· BS in Business or Engineering, prefer advanced studies in sustainability/environment
· 8-10 Years of experience
Functional experience and/or knowledge will include:
· Proven success in driving P&P sustainability in a publicly owned, consumer goods company.
· Technical background in engineering, material science or chemistry preferred
· Experience with Senior Management, CEO and Board level interaction
· Worked with both company owned manufacturing facilities and outside vendors
· Preference for kids product experience
· Known and respected by key external “influencers”
· Very strong verbal, written and presentation skills – capable of presenting to senior management, the CEO and Board of Directors when and as needed.
· Ability to influence others that do not report directly to him/her to adopt his/her recommendations
· Excellent leadership and team building/management skills; ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to external and internal stakeholders
· Highly skilled in building internal and external relationships
· Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters
· Ability to balance creativity with organization and discipline in fast moving, ambiguous environment
· Strong analytical skills
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications