Primary responsibility: The role serves as the lead public policy specialist on environmental issues. The personstrategically partners internally and externally to help ensure PepsiCo’s leadership in environmental sustainability, helping to prioritize activities, relationships and goals. The role serves as the external ambassador on public policy environmental issues, coordinating within internal subject matter experts. The role works with the other two professionals at the center in sustainability/public policy to assure PepsiCo’s efforts are coordinated and assured on: setting internal goals/policies, complying with external goals/policies and strategically positioning PepsiCo on corporate social responsibility matters.
Secure up-to-date aligned global positions on key environmental topics:
– Develop an aligned process for the development and approval of global positions
– Develop a structure communication tool to keep business leaders, PPGA (Public Policy Government Affairs)
, Communications and SME’s (Subject Matter Expert) informed on these positions
– Monitor key global environmental topics and identify current PepsiCo positions
– Develop and adjust in case of changes in coordination with the subject matter experts and the PPGA function global positions.
– Develop guidelines for disclosure of these policies
Elevate global stakeholder engagement to a next level by creating focus, transparency in cost/benefits and alignment between global and local engagement programs:
– Develop stakeholder account management system in order to better manage our global stakeholder relationships (close alignment with Corp Comms).
– Development of stakeholder engagement guidelines and guidelines for evaluation of stakeholder programs
– Assess, in cooperation with the communication function and SME’s opportunities for long term engagement programs with targeted global environmental stakeholders in alignment with the corporate reputation program (driven by corporate communication). Needs to lead to a few clearly identified stakeholder programs that helps to support PepsiCo’s reputation and brings added value in our environmental focus area’s
– Tailor this program to particularly Europe and AMEA Sectors and coordinate execution
– Lead PepsiCo’s involvement in: WBCSD, Refrigerants Naturally! and coordinate involvement in climate negotiations
External Requests: Lead review of environmental external requests – including the purpose of the group or sponsorship, existing members, requirements of members or Public Policy Group Leaders and subject matter experts or work groups to prepare a sponsorship (cost, meetings, people, other resources).
Submissions: Work with environmental subject matter experts on targeted submissions, such as the Carbon Disclosure Project, the Water Disclosure Project and the Forestry Disclosure Project. Assure working relationship with external evaluators on environmental issues.
Non-Financial Goals: Work with Public Policy team and Sustainability plank leaders and Subject Matter Experts to help manage public commitments and goals. Provide particular guidance and oversight on environmental goals
External Communications: Partner with Corporate Communications to provide data, positions and background necessary for use at Annual Meetings, Annual and Sustainability Reports and media inquiries on environmental policies and sustainability initiatives. International: Build relationships with global business units to ensure easy communication on environmental policy issues.
Research: Research external environmental groups such as NGOs, activists, shareholder groups, business groups who are making informational inquiries or demands and determine their motivations, standing and partners so we can set strategic priorities amongst competing interests. Serve as a policy analyst for specific projects for the Government Affairs team.
Centralized Support: Working with other members of the public policy/sustainability team, support Federal, State and International Public Policy teams on crucial agenda items as they develop.
– Undergraduate degree required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
– Strong background in key environmental areas: water, energy, agriculture, packaging
– Highly detail oriented
– Ability to work with a variety of groups/players internally and externally
– Ability to represent PepsiCo externally in a professional manner
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Strong research/internet skills
– Ability to determine and set priorities
– Acceptance of being managed from remote location
– Ability to interact with Senior Management
– Strong organizational savvy
– 10+ years work experience with private sector or NGO on comparable issues
Job ID: 28569